Muscle sprains, strains, and tears are painful and uncomfortable to deal with, especially when they occur in your groin. A groin injury can take you out of your sport and prevent you from moving without pain. At Farmingdale Physical Therapy East, we offer physical therapy near Bethpage to address this injury and help you recover.
What are Groin Injuries?
A groin strain is a tear or injury to the adductor muscles on the inner side of your thigh. Groin strains will typically occur in the inner thigh in front of the hip or near the pubic bone. This injury is most often seen in men and athletes, but certain activities can increase your risk of injury. Any activity that requires forceful movement of the leg can lead to a groin strain. Groin strains can make any movement of the lower body difficult and painful. You might experience the following symptoms with a groin strain:
- Muscle spasms.
- Weakness in the leg when walking.
Physical Therapy Near Bethpage After a Pulled Groin
When dealing with a groin strain, it is essential that you seek treatment as soon as possible. Our team will work with you to create a program of physical therapy near Bethpage to get you back in the game and living pain-free. We understand that no patient is alike, so we will create an individualized treatment plan with the following goals in mind:
- Reduce your pain: Your biggest complaint following a groin injury is likely pain. We will use hands-on therapy and other modalities such as heat, ultrasound, and electrical stimulation to ease your pain.
- Improve your range of motion: We will choose specific treatments to restore your range of motion after an injury. Your physical therapist may perform passive motions to get you to start moving your leg and progress to help you regain function.
- Improve your strength: After a groin injury, you may experience weakness. We will show you the appropriate exercises to restore your function. Physical therapy near Bethpage may involve using weights, resistance training, and cardio equipment.
- Prevent you from getting injured in the future – Our team will recommend a home exercise program that you can perform to stretch and strengthen your hip muscles. These exercises help improve your flexibility and can help prevent future re-injury of your groin.
After suffering a groin injury, you want to work with a team that will provide you with excellent care, so that you can make a speedy recovery. At Farmingdale Physical Therapy East, we will work with you to develop an effective treatment plan. Contact us today to schedule your first session of physical therapy near Bethpage.